The FAP Intensive is an annual gathering where we welcome students and professionals who are new to FAP as well as seasoned FAP practitioners, trainers and researchers to immerse ourselves in FAP’s theory and techniques (e.g., and mostly in the cultivation of awareness, courage, love and behaviorism skills so that we can bring our best and most authentic selves to our personal and professional lives. The leaders spend a great deal of time planning the Intensive so that there is always new material for experienced FAP clinicians. This year we may offer some simultaneous sessions focusing on introductory and more advanced FAP topics. This event has sold out the past two years and we’ve had to turn people away. Register early to get the best rates and to ensure a spot:
Objectives: There will be a lot of experiential work book-ended with behavioral rationales and why/how the exercises can be relevant to your clinical work, as well as didactics and video clips:
- Understand the theoretical framework for experiential exercises and how they connect to therapist skills.
- Understand how awareness, courage and love (ACL), defined as functionally grounded middle-level terms, apply to your life and your clients’ lives as the basis of growth and social connection.
- Explore our T1s and T2s (therapist problem behaviors and target behaviors) in terms of ACL and how they may be related to our life histories.
- Increase skill in shifting from content (description of what is going on in clients’ lives) to process (what is happening in the moment between client and therapist).
- Develop a better repertoire for how to evoke more effectively.
- Create powerful FAP interactions from the first session.
- Practice FAP skills and receive in-the-moment feedback from trainers.
- Increase your FAP training skills (if you are a certified FAP trainer or working on becoming one).